We sell products with a life cycle as long as possible, and we want to encourage the maintenance of clothes and accessories. Basically, a high-quality product can be maintained due to its material and properties, and thus with the right kind of maintenance, it will last for a long time and many times of use, and will not prematurely end up as waste, adding to the world's ever-growing textile waste problem.
Different materials require different care and their properties are aimed at different uses. However, it is important that the purchased clothes are used, and when buying a product, it is good to make sure that the purchase is a useful addition to your wardrobe.
Here are care instructions and considerations related to the use of different materials sold in Alava. However, please remember that the washing tag of each garment tells exactly the maintenance instructions for that product, different brands can use different techniques and structures in the manufacturing phase, which again affects the use, care and washing of the product.
Cashmere and merino wool are finely crafted materials, but if properly cared for, they will last for years even in active use. Over time, the knit can become pilled, especially at the beginning of use. Lint is easy to remove from the knitting without damaging it with a wool comb. Cashmere and merino do not need constant washing, but airing is the best way to keep the sweater fresh.
- If necessary, comb the sweater to remove fluff
- Steam after combing
- Let the sweater rest from time to time, you don't wear the same sweater all the time
- Air the sweater as often as possible in fresh air
- Store the knit with a cut
- You can wash the Arela sweater by hand or in the machine with a wool washing program
- Please use detergent intended for wool
- Wash the sweater in cold water
- For washing, put the sweater in a laundry bag to protect the sweater
- Do not spin or tumble dry
- After washing, wrap the sweater in a towel and squeeze out the excess moisture
- Place the sweater to air dry horizontally
- Steam the sweater
You can find our selection of clothing care supplies here:
If you want information about clothing maintenance, washing and materials, please ask us!